LIKE ALL OUR SERVICES, THIS HELP AND SUPPORT IS FOR FREE
- If you are reading this page perhaps is because things are not going very well, and maybe chems have taken you to a place where is impossible to believe that some of the best days of your life haven't happened yet.
- Or maybe you think that you are not there yet, but if you don't do anything about it now, things will get bad at some point in the future, and this is concerning you.
- It is also possible that you have been trying to take some control back on your own, promising yourself again 'not this weekend', and as many other times, you can see yourself making a decision that it wasn't the one you had planned.
- Or maybe you find really hard to deal with loneliness, and sometimes feeling lonely is so unbearable that anything (including doing chems) is better than having to deal with that, or with boredom, or with anxiety, or with low self esteem, or with unability to have sex sober anymore, or with difficulties to enjoy intimacy...
- Or who knows, perhaps you haven't done chems for a while but now the idea of using is constantly in your mind, and now you are terrified because you don't want to go back to the same place where you were, but you are not sure if you will be able to control these urges, or for how long.
We understand that you might be scared, and we would like to help you, with all our hearts. We are professionals who have been delivering one to one specialised chemsex interventions for more than 10 years with very effective results. We have helped thousands of people struggling with Chemsex who wanted to make changes, but they didn’t know how to do it. Also, many of us also struggled with chems ourselves in the past, and apart from our experience as professionals, we are the living proof that there is life after chemsex, and we are the last people who could judge anyone because of chems use.
The support that CONTROLLING CHEMSEX offers is not counselling or any other kind of psychotherapy. WE PROVIDE FREE PROFESSIONAL KEYWORKING SESSIONS THROUGH VIDEO CALLS TO HELP PEOPLE TO MAKE CHANGES IN ORDER TO TAKE THE CONTROL BACK. We are aware that things might be already very difficult, so if it's easier for you to cover your camera and not to show your face, that will be Ok. We won't ask for unnecessary questions and you won't need to share personal details. We believe in transparency at all times, so you will be able to see your keyworker, for you to feel safe and to know who you are talking to.
This support and help is very practical, and it's personalised, attending your needs and your goals regarding chemsex. We will take into account two elements:
- SHORT TERM: We will help you to identify realistic goals and to find the way to achieve them. We will set strategies with you to support you with cravings, we will have a look at those things that are triggering you the need of using, we will help you to prepare a care plan with you to set the direction that you want to take. We will work together, using very powerful and practical exercises and very effective materials. Everything will depend on you, but you will feel how we are 100% committed to help you. The goal is that after every session you will have a plan for that week, you feel more empowered and you will feel there is hope.
- LONG TERM: the idea is not about having the life that you have without drugs; the idea is helping you to make changes, to make your life more beautiful, where drugs will certainly have a completely different place than now. We will explore and find ways to deal with what might scare you when you think in not using chems the same way you are using them. Is it loneliness? Let’s have a look at it and let’s see what you can do about it. Do you think that your life will be boring? then we will help you to find the way to make it more exciting. Do you find difficult to explore intimacy, and you want it so much that you just love when chems facilitate it? Let’s explore that! We will be supporting and helping you with motivational interviewing techniques to increase the levels of motivation. We are also very aware of what it’s out there to be able to put things on the table; suggestions and alternatives (organisations, services, activities, etc), we will have a look at your obstacles (lack of confidence? Anxiety?). We will work together to find the way.